Now, I never did have a favorite character per se when I was growing up, there was just FAR too many that I liked.
But in recent times, I now have some characters I can finally call my favorite. Here's a list of them, organized by category and by first, second, and third favorites:
- Goofy -- I think A Goofy Movie is partially to blame for this, that and the fact he looks pretty damn good in different outfits, and I love me some slapstick every once in a while. While his 50s design ain't my favorite, I'll admit, developing him into a family man of sorts was a pretty smart move in Disney's part. Without the 50s shorts, we wouldn't have Goof Troop or A Goofy Movie.
- José Carioca -- I think his voice has done it for me! I have a thing for deep voices and smooth voices, and while his voice ain't deep, it is really smooth. I love it! And the way he reacts when he met Donald in Saludos Amigos is just too fucking cute. His personality's pretty appealing to me too. He's fun loving, suave, and quite charismatic and talkative. What's not to love about him?
- Donald Duck -- I just love seeing what kind of situations he gets in and how he reacts. Like, man does he have a temper! Yet he's still quite nice when he's not mad as hell. Most of what I've seen of him though is from newer Mickey Mouse Works shorts back when House of Mouse was still on. Plus, look at his family tree in the comics. It's HUGE! Both him and Goofy seem to be the most developed characters I've seen out of all the Mickey Mouse cast.
- Secret Squirrel -- I'm partial to both the original 60s Secret and the Secret from the 2 Stupid Dogs remake. But the 90s version continues to be my favorite, especially since that was the first version of him that I've seen. The 60s version's so goofy and adorable, but I just love how ultra prepared and intelligent 90s Secret is, and his voice is da bomb! Well, he was voiced by the same guy who played Wakko in Animaniacs (Jess Harnell), so... yeah.
- Loopy de Loop -- I never saw much of him on Boomerang, but recently, I saw a pic of a poster for his cartoon on Tumblr and decided to watch it again, and I like him a lot! Not only does he have to deal with bull from the people he helps, he's also got pretty bad karma when dealing with other anthro characters. His design and voice is pretty cute too imo. If you haven't seen those cartoons, I'd recommend looking him up on trilulilu.ro, there's like a shit TON of old cartoons on there.
- Penelope Pitstop -- This is an old favorite of mine, I used to be kinda obsessed with Penelope Pitstop as a child. I first saw her in her own series, but later, I saw her on Wacky Races. I love how she's both a fashionista and a racer in Wacky Races, and I also like how she gets herself out of different perilous situations whether she's using a nail file or a nearby prop to cut her ropes or using her skills (ex. tap dancing or using a bird call) to her advantage.
- Tweeg -- Believe it or not, I used to have a crush on him when I was 14. I used to have a bit of sympathy for him in some cases (and still kinda do), and I always found him really cute. I guess he was the character that started my love for tall slender guys. Plus, you gotta admit, seeing him try to make gold out of buttermilk is kinda hilarious, and he's also got the worst karma too.
- Jack Spicer -- My reasons for liking him so much is basically the same as why I like Tweeg so much, as both have quite a bit in common. They both want to be villains, but they both suck at doing just that. They both pretty much qualify as woobie villains in a way. I like him in both Xiaolin Showdown and Xiaolin Chronicles (so far). I'll admit, he's pretty hot in XC, and the fact he can built really complex robots himself is both cool and impressive, especially given his age in both shows.
- Malik Ishtar -- He's one of the reasons I'm into guys with long hair nowadays. I just love how mysterious he was in the Battle City arc, like no one really knew who he was up until the Finals when his Yami spirit took over. That, and his past was pretty damn brutal. He's also one of my favorite characters from the abridged series, he's especially hilarious there. Gotta love the Evil Counsil of Doom episodes.